Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is Thursday's show posted
spunkypopcorn Wrote:Now, on to more important matters: Who won DTZ???? It's eating me up inside.
Well, it wasn't Zane.

Threads here.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I hate to defend the gradelady, but if you are freely sharing the show to get others to listen, its not like your giving them the YEAR free, just one day.

i guess im just mad b/c i dont know who won DTZ =[
Most of what needed to be said has already been said, but I have a bit to chime in with.

I'm an almost 10 year message board admin veteren. I started my tour of duty way back on the now defunct opieanthony.com message board. Through the years, if I have learned only one thing, it is that you cannot please everybody and there will always be about a 60/40 ration of people who approve of your decisions vs not approving.

Now.. with that being said... The decision to remove the post to COPYRIGHTED material was the right thing to do. The original artist(s) or the company who signs their paychecks determines what content is made available as part of the public domain, or becomes part of the private domain. When they chose to charge money for a subscription, the daily show in its entirety became part of the private domain. A paid subscription counts as a license to access this content. Without this license, being in posession of the content is STEALING.

As far as posting content like Joe's Taint song, that song was originally posted in the PUBLIC domain as it was posted on the website and made free to anyone who wished to download it.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:The decision to remove the post to COPYRIGHTED material was the right thing to do. The original artist(s) or the company who signs their paychecks determines what content is made available as part of the public domain, or becomes part of the private domain. When they chose to charge money for a subscription, the daily show in its entirety became part of the private domain. A paid subscription counts as a license to access this content. Without this license, being in posession of the content is STEALING.

Yeah, what opus here said is basically the detail of that thing called laws that I was talking about before.

-- yewt, as far as that getting people to start listen thing. They never said "buy our podcast and give it to people" they basically were trying to tell people to just let others listen along, or let people listen to it on your ipod or whatever to get them into it, you know kind of like if you have a CD or an ipod hooked up in your car and you listen to a certain artist, they encourage that, however they don't want you to make copies of their material that they charge for and give it to people you know.

Oh and .... um... as far as that whole DTZ thing goes, maybe you should read all of the posts in a thread before you spout about things, especally the ones right above your own post.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Yea i get that. and sry for my lack of reading the post above haha.
yewt Wrote:Yea i get that. and sry for my lack of reading the post above haha.

It's cool, I have had my fare share of leaping then looking, I do so on a daily bases.
Opus Wrote:Most of what needed to be said has already been said, but I have a bit to chime in with.

I'm an almost 10 year message board admin veteren. I started my tour of duty way back on the now defunct opieanthony.com message board. Through the years, if I have learned only one thing, it is that you cannot please everybody and there will always be about a 60/40 ration of people who approve of your decisions vs not approving.

Now.. with that being said... The decision to remove the post to COPYRIGHTED material was the right thing to do. The original artist(s) or the company who signs their paychecks determines what content is made available as part of the public domain, or becomes part of the private domain. When they chose to charge money for a subscription, the daily show in its entirety became part of the private domain. A paid subscription counts as a license to access this content. Without this license, being in posession of the content is STEALING.

As far as posting content like Joe's Taint song, that song was originally posted in the PUBLIC domain as it was posted on the website and made free to anyone who wished to download it.

Billy Idol gets it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm subscribed to both a months subscription and the free one, and only 1 downloaded....I'm not sure which as there's no way to tell. Usually I get double copies. I'm subscribed to both for reasons such as this, to make sure I'm getting them correctly.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
What exactly went wrong with the podcast anyway? Was it because of the storm from Wednesday, or something a bit more technical?
I think its more technical, but that storm was HEAVY, it hit us here in Holland pretty hard. (see not everyone from holland is a dutch ahole) Tongue
yewt Wrote:I think its more technical, but that storm was HEAVY, it hit us here in Holland pretty hard. (see not everyone from holland is a dutch ahole) Tongue

Speak for yourself Yewt! I can be a Dutch A-hole, but only at Tulip Time when kids walk on my grass ;D
wingospagettio Wrote:Speak for yourself Yewt! I can be a Dutch A-hole, but only at Tulip Time when kids walk on my grass ;D

What about if your finger gets stuck in a dike
providencecrow Wrote:What about if your finger gets stuck in a dike

{insert lesbian joke here}
wingospagettio Wrote:
yewt Wrote:I think its more technical, but that storm was HEAVY, it hit us here in Holland pretty hard. (see not everyone from holland is a dutch ahole) Tongue

Speak for yourself Yewt! I can be a Dutch A-hole, but only at Tulip Time when kids walk on my grass ;D

Thats not really being an DUTCH ahole, just a regular one.

The crappy drivers piss me off the most...
providencecrow Wrote:
wingospagettio Wrote:Speak for yourself Yewt! I can be a Dutch A-hole, but only at Tulip Time when kids walk on my grass ;D

What about if your finger gets stuck in a dike

You know there aren't any dikes in ..... Oh you mean that kind, they are 15 miles south or 50 miles north I believe. ???