Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's ruining America ?
Titan ! Wrote:I think there should be a 10 year term limit on career politicians. 10 years, then you're back to your real job.

Then you end up with a situation where a bunch of inexperienced politicians end up not being able to get a budget balanced/passed (I'm looking at you Michigan).

It sounds noble but it's not really a good idea in practice.

That said, I am for term limits in positions because this will cause people to have to either move up or out thusly essentially eliminating someone from getting too comfortable.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
kaboobie92 Wrote:Potthole, Could you please explain to me what an "unexperienced politician" is? I'm not sure i grasp the idea. Do you mean that they arent corrupted by corporations or special interest groups, or the fact that they havent yet mastered how to lie through their teeth. We have too many scumbags in our government.

I don't know if you were looking for a serious answer or not given the later part of your reply but.....

Inexperienced politicians IMO are people who have no administrative/legislative experience whatsoever. They can start small with a local government position, or a board at the local Kiwanis club etc and move up.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:Potthole, Could you please explain to me what an "unexperienced politician" is? I'm not sure i grasp the idea. Do you mean that they arent corrupted by corporations or special interest groups, or the fact that they havent yet mastered how to lie through their teeth. We have too many scumbags in our government.

I don't know if you were looking for a serious answer or not given the later part of your reply but.....

Inexperienced politicians IMO are people who have no administrative/legislative experience whatsoever. They can start small with a local government position, or a board at the local Kiwanis club etc and move up.

I was being sarcastic about the fact that most politicians dont do shit. Look at Teddy Kennedy (perfect example)

Compare a guy who is a brand new, first term member of the Senate, and then compare him to somebody who's been in the Sentate for multiple terms. That newb has a lot less political experience, at that big stage.

Sure, to get to that stage, you've usually got to have a fair amount of experience to begin with, but what experience you have to get to that position is probably a lot different from the experience you'll gain once you are at that position.

In my opinion, an inexperienced politician is somebody who is pretty new with the "big stuff" politics- sure, they probably have many of the same wonderful "features" as a multi-term politician on that same stage, but they probably won't be as good at some of the true, hardcore politics.

Biff hit on my thoughts in his post a few posts back, when he called out Michigan.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I don't know if you were looking for a serious answer or not given the later part of your reply but.....

I was being sarcastic about the fact that most politicians dont do shit. Look at Teddy Kennedy (perfect example)

I totally agree about people like Kennedy. They have been in office too long and are so in bed with the special interest groups. They think they are running the country by themselves and that it is their kingdom.

There needs to be terms limits just as there is for the presidency.
Queenie Wrote:Overpaid politicians, welfare scammies, big oil and drug companies, and parents who don't teach their children right from wrong, and how to respect their elders and authority . . . I know i'm gonna get crap about this, but there are too many parents who think their children can do no wrong. If my child gets in trouble at school, I might not necessarily agree with the teacher, and I will work towards a solution to the problem, but my children will NEVER hear me talk bad about the teacher. Children do not need any help being disrespectful to adults. Our sole job as parents is to raise our children and teach them to function in an adult world. If little Johnny starts a job and doesn't do as he is told cause he doesn't feel like it, he will get fired, and will never be able to support himself or hold down a job until he respects and follows directions. Momma and Daddy aren't always gonna be there to "back him up". I work for a very demanding boss, and I do not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do my job to the best of my ability, and then some. Sometimes communication between he and I get jumbled and he gets upset. But I do not "fire" back at him and tell him he's a stupid ass for not understanding why it got jumbled, he's the one that went to school and got his JD, and he also signs my checks. I think he has earned the right not to be "fired" upon.

Parents today will be so quick to jump up and say my little Johnny can't do any wrong. We have such an influx of migrant coming to work in the fields, maybe little Johnny should get off his fat little ass and do some work. It will save us from having to have migrants come here and it will get Johnny out there working and learning some respect for what parents do to supply them with things that they want.
Titan ! Wrote:What one thing is destroying this country ?

I'll say illegal immigration. Go the F back !

Given the slow birthrate, we need immigrants to help pay for services. I would rather have them here instead of moving more plants to Mexico.
I think America's biggest issue is not taking care of our own house before getting involved in other nation's business. We spend billions in forgien aid, and yet we have about 42 million people within this nation without health insurance not to mention all the charity that goes overseas as well.e It seems are more concerned about what is happening what is going on in Iraq or Iseral and not Detroit or NO.
oldsquid Wrote:

Given the slow birthrate, we need immigrants to help pay for services. I would rather have them here instead of moving more plants to Mexico.

But do most illegals pay for services? My guess is that many of them don't get taxed properly.
potthole Wrote:
oldsquid Wrote:Given the slow birthrate, we need immigrants to help pay for services. I would rather have them here instead of moving more plants to Mexico.

But do most illegals pay for services? My guess is that many of them don't get taxed properly.
i agree with potthole. I did a research paper on the economic effects of illegal immigration and it would shock you. Most illegals pay VERY little taxes, and most often its only in the products they buy. Therefore, most illegals are only paying sales tax on goods, which amounts to very little but are costing the government billions each year. Figure that out
hotsauce Wrote:Parents today will be so quick to jump up and say my little Johnny can't do any wrong. We have such an influx of migrant coming to work in the fields, maybe little Johnny should get off his fat little ass and do some work. It will save us from having to have migrants come here and it will get Johnny out there working and learning some respect for what parents do to supply them with things that they want.

My point exactly! Kids today are not taught to have a work ethic and without a work ethic, they will never hold a job down. That's why all the illegal immigrants are taking the jobs, cause little Johnny can't cut the mustard.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

Let's not forget the window-licker that can't form a full sentence that is running this country
overheadpageme Wrote:

Let's not forget the window-licker that can't form a full sentence that is running this country

Haa haaa, I made an example of myself.
Allyson Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:If you come back illegally a 2nd time, well then you obviously didn't learn your lesson the first time, and perhaps you need a harsher punishment?

Thank you Joe Horn.

I keep meaning to get aroung to looking up who this guy is, but I haven't done it yet.
Wowie Groovie !
Joe Horn played for the Atlanta Falcons.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Titan ! Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Thank you Joe Horn.

I keep meaning to get aroung to looking up who this guy is, but I haven't done it yet.

WR, Atlanta Falcons.
Titan ! Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Thank you Joe Horn.

And you've been listening to the show for how long?
Damn, I didn't realize I posted the same thing as Queenie. Sorry.
Now that Joe Horn is a great American. Those illegals take enough from us and then they go and break into people's houses and try to take more. I'm glad he shot and killed them. 2 more we don't have to support and won't be able to take from the people who actually worked for what they had.
Allyson Wrote:LIBERALS
the media
welfare

Will you marry me?
You have to get to the root. Compassion is killing America, a little more efficiancy would be nice.
toddlerfondler Wrote:You have to get to the root. Compassion is killing America, a little more efficiancy would be nice.

Not that there is any need to, because your point is just so blatantly obvious, but could you possibly explain how the Eff compassion, of all things, is killing America? And how that possibly relates to efficiency?
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?ac...ge=1#15500

I was refencing my other rant.
toddlerfondler Wrote:http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?ac...ge=1#15500

I was refencing my other rant.

Please re-post it here. This might be a better place for it.
If we know all these "diseases" are genetic we should start identifying the carriers and sterilizing them.

In my genetic code there is a sequence that gives me the strength to wield a knife and plunge it downward in a stabbing motion, so if i kill people it's just a disease. Also I had a poor childhood so the stress my parent put on me makes it their fault. In the end being genetically predisposed is a cop out, you make choices just like I do.

[rant] As for my sterilizing comment, I do believe in the next 10 generations we are going to breed into our genetic so much junk that people with bad genetic will need to be sterilized for the betterment of the human race. I saw a piece a year or so ago on dateline about two people people with cerebral palsy crying about their children having the same disease.. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

[size=100]Everything in our social environment comes down to the battle between COMPASSION and EFFICIENCY[/size].

The Spartans (as made famous in the movie 300) were efficient to the point of brutality and America is becoming compassionate to the point of ludicrousy. If you need a warning label on a baby stroller that says "Don't collapse with baby inside", then breeding isn't something you should have done. Too many people rely on immediate satisfaction that they can't see the long term destruction. Can't you all see the drug induced, hand fed, system taxed, irresponsible, entitlement filled future around the corner? Hey, I would be on the sterilize list (bad eyes, bad knees, 27 and already had rotator cuff surgery) but I think I would be alright with that if I knew that there was a a process in place to create a stronger us. In the entirety of known history, we right now have more freedom to think, do, say, and create, than ever before and we can only make collectively bad decisions for so long before we lose those options. [/rant]
And before you can call me out.. yes that's two movie refferences in two consecutive rants.
Conservative-Radio-Talking-Head douchebags, like Spud, only with an audience...
To say that this country is being "destroyed" is using fear-mongering because you don't like how the country has CHANGED. $4 a gallon gas, hell $20 a gallon gas is unavoidable. Oil is a finite resource, and it will eventually become so hard to get to, so hard to process, that the economics will no longer make sense.

People have to accept that we have to go through tough times sometimes, and there's nothing the government, the churches, the companies, or whoever else can do about it. All you can do is adapt.
scooterfanatic Wrote:People have to accept that we have to go through tough times sometimes, and there's nothing the government, the churches, the companies, or whoever else can do about it. All you can do is adapt.

That's right, if something sucks, you just have to accept it.

Bend over.

Take it.

C'mon girls, grit your teeth and thing of England.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:People have to accept that we have to go through tough times sometimes, and there's nothing the government, the churches, the companies, or whoever else can do about it. All you can do is adapt.

Bend over.

Take it.

I think this may be one of the few times I have given you a +1 but it's deserved here!

+1
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I will some this up in one word....Bush!

Sorry republicans, I just can't stand him anymore. I cannot believe he got voted into a second term. I am not a democrat or republican, I base my vote on who I think will do the country good justice and stuff like that. But somebody assinate Bush and get it over with PLEASE!
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Titan ! Wrote:

Bend over.

Take it.

Horray for gross oversimplification!
jaydethespaz Wrote:But somebody assinate Bush and get it over with PLEASE!

I'm no fan of Bush's, but that's going a bit far.

It's also pretty close to a federal offense, unless I've heard wrong. To publicly declare you want to kill the president is a crime, I believe.

I'm sure that's not actually what you want, but just wanted to let you know the danger of saying such things in a public forum.
What's ruining America? - People who don't research their candidates before they vote. People who vote on what the media tells them. Candidates who promise change, but have no plans for it.
jaydethespaz Wrote:I will some this up in one word....Bush!

Sorry republicans, I just can't stand him anymore. I cannot believe he got voted into a second term. I am not a democrat or republican, I base my vote on who I think will do the country good justice and stuff like that. But somebody assinate Bush and get it over with PLEASE!
Hmmm... President Richard B Cheney. Gotta admit it has a nice ring to it. Still, I think you've gone just a wee bit overboard.
kaboobie92 Wrote:What's ruining America? - People who don't research their candidates before they vote. People who vote on what the media tells them.

You are a walking bag of irony this morning.
Fistor Wrote:
jaydethespaz Wrote:But somebody assinate Bush and get it over with PLEASE!

I'm no fan of Bush's, but that's going a bit far.

It's also pretty close to a federal offense, unless I've heard wrong. To publicly declare you want to kill the president is a crime, I believe.

I'm sure that's not actually what you want, but just wanted to let you know the danger of saying such things in a public forum.

Seconded. That was appalling. Publicly wishing for the assassination of anyone is disgusting.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I'm no fan of Bush's, but that's going a bit far.

Seconded. That was appalling. Publicly wishing for the assassination of anyone is disgusting.

Section 18, United States Code, 871
...watch as secret service is on his doorstep tomorrow
What's ruining America ? The president
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
2 party system
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"