Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil
kaboobie92 Wrote:one word, Drill.

Wrong thread
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...815&page=8
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:

Wrong thread
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...815&page=8

i thought it was

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=818
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Admin Wrote:If you have a 401k then you are benefiting from the oil profits.

Wrong Biff, my money is only invested in puppies and kittens

so that you can eat their brains

[Image: GeorgeBushEatingA_kitten.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Wrong Biff, my money is only invested in puppies and kittens

so that you can eat their brains

[Image: GeorgeBushEatingA_kitten.jpg]
oh god
[quote="Mad Dog"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, [only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin.] And im sure you

Shortsighted. Like everything else you say.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:How many people from future gererations are going too visit this icy paradise? Also if its immoral for us in this generation to drill in Anwar what makes it any more moral for those in the "future generations" to do it if they need the oil?

You are 100% correct...i won't get to visit the moon and my kids likely won't either....I hear it's made of cheese...let's blow it up and harvest the cheese....nobody will miss it as they'll never get to step foot on it

Actually it's not really cheese but rocks and dust, which by the way happen to be minerals which intern hypotheticaly could be mined. So if someone had the money and the balls to send a mining crew too the moon, you could still see and enjoy the moon and yet someone else could financially benifit from said mineral deposits. I ask why not? Same with Anwar oil feilds. Nobody is talking about destroying it just useing it for our human best intrests. Or our Nations best intrests. We are truely being held over the international oil barrel and because of those with your veiw point in power we will continue too be so.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
We should drill Anwr. We should also go after all of our resources that we have. We still need oil while alternatives are being found. We bought Alaska for it's natural resources., not too just sit there and be pretty. The Governor of Alaska is begging to be able to help support the US economy with their resources. The Eskimos that live near the pipeline want us to drill.
We know how to do this safely and with as little impact as possible. We NEED to do it
hotsauce Wrote:We should drill Anwr. We should also go after all of our resources that we have. We still need oil while alternatives are being found. We bought Alaska for it's natural resources., not too just sit there and be pretty. The Governor of Alaska is begging to be able to help support the US economy with their resources. The Eskimos that live near the pipeline want us to drill.
We know how to do this safely and with as little impact as possible. We NEED to do it

well said
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Not just our country but the entire world runs on a sea of oil. No amount of conservation (currently) is going to change that. Through off shore drilling, North Dakota and Alaska, there is enough oil to last over 300 years at our current demand level.

We need to drill for oil now to meet our current needs while at the same time exploring alternatives. Just look at how far technology has come in the past 25 years. You think that in the next 50 to 100 years we are still going to be driving around with the same kinds of internal combustible engines? But we sure as hell are not going to get there any faster with the world's economy in the crapper due to $200.00 a barrel oil.
hotsauce Wrote:We should drill Anwr. We should also go after all of our resources that we have. We still need oil while alternatives are being found. We bought Alaska for it's natural resources., not too just sit there and be pretty. The Governor of Alaska is begging to be able to help support the US economy with their resources. The Eskimos that live near the pipeline want us to drill.

Im sure a lot of people in Alaska would love for us to drill, they would enjoy the millions of dollars they would get from it. Drilling for oil is a lot like the gravel pit by my house, they are not obligated to clean the area around it until it
wienerpoopie Wrote:

Im sure a lot of people in Alaska would love for us to drill, they would enjoy the millions of dollars they would get from it. Drilling for oil is a lot like the gravel pit by my house, they are not obligated to clean the area around it until it
wienerpoopie Wrote:

Well looking at the dinosaurs for example... Plenty of animals became extinct well before the Industrial Revolution, so it seem kind of natural that many animals will eventually become extinct after as well.
Evil Neddy Flanders Wrote:Well looking at the dinosaurs for example... Plenty of animals became extinct well before the Industrial Revolution, so it seem kind of natural that many animals will eventually become extinct after as well.

The logic behind this post makes my head explode.
Does ANYBODY know just how many Caribou are in Anwar? As I recall its a hole lot.
Evil Neddy Flanders Wrote:Well looking at the dinosaurs for example... Plenty of animals became extinct well before the Industrial Revolution, so it seem kind of natural that many animals will eventually become extinct after as well.

Dinosaurs are a prime example :Smile they became extinct before modern man, it was a mass extinction, and we don
Has any body happen to notice that Obama is starting to adopt the same, although admittedly more limited, rhetoric as McCain concerning off shore drilling? I don't think he's warmed up to Anwar yet but he is talking about oil drilling expansion in the rest of the lower 48.
Mad Dog Wrote:Has any body happen to notice that Obama is starting to adopt the same, although admittedly more limited, rhetoric as McCain concerning off shore drilling? I don't think he's warmed up to Anwar yet but he is talking about oil drilling expansion in the rest of the lower 48.

McCain also used to oppose offshore drilling. They're both moving towards the center, which is good. I don't think one extreme or the other wouldn't have worked.
speedbump Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Has any body happen to notice that Obama is starting to adopt the same, although admittedly more limited, rhetoric as McCain concerning off shore drilling? I don't think he's warmed up to Anwar yet but he is talking about oil drilling expansion in the rest of the lower 48.

McCain also used to oppose offshore drilling. They're both moving towards the center, which is good. I don't think one extreme or the other wouldn't have worked.

I'm not sure they had any choice. We are in trouble and we need some relief. It might have been a real hot button issue. They had to start listening to the people.
Uh Oh, don't look now but even Nancy Pelosi is starting to soften her stance tward off shore drilling, but I notice that she still has yet to mention Anwar.
We are getting ever so much closer to new drilling. Then maybe, just maybe a few new refinery's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...02428.html
The House of Representatives passes a bill allowing Off shore drilling

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsN...0920080917
Mad Dog Wrote:The House of Representatives passes a bill allowing Off shore drilling

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsN...0920080917

Great. More oil platforms that MAY get impacted by a bird flying by so the price of gas can jump $0.50 / gallon.
This bill is a joke.....it's insultingly patronizing.

I love that the Republicans have wanted to discuss this for years, to no avail. So the compromising democrats came up with a bill at 9:30 Monday night and all of a sudden it's on the floor Tuesday being voted on.

Yeah, this is the solution.
The oil we use is not just for cars, though thats what we look at the most, especially when we are at the pump filling up $$$. Alternative fuel is definately a better long term soulution. But we need to look at ALL of our energy uses. If more people can get into "green" living, using solar and wind power for some of their home energy needs, then they will in the long run use less oil. But changes like that can be small but a lot of small changes can make a big impact.
There's a book called "goodbye my sweet subaru". It is a biography of a NY photographer who decides to move out west into the desert and live "green". In it he stated that it would take over 700 years of living like that for the cost benefit to come back to the possitive. This is due to high cost for the capital of the "green" technology.

My point, I think we would all love to do this and live "green". We just can't afford it. The costs need to come down and then you will start to see the big change. Look at Hybrids. A few years ago the cost of a Prius was outrageous. Now they are more reasonable.
Verasun Energy Corp, which is in the corn based biofuel, just dropped over 72% on the market today. I'm guessing that the E85 fuel is not what the future holds. This could be due to the presentation of the Volt yesterday by Chevy.
I wasn't suggesting people go move to the middle of nowhere and live "off the grid" but just use less energy (turn off lights when out of rooms, walk to the store when you can, shorter showers, turn off water between shampoo & conditioner, open the windows in the fall & spring) Solar panels and wind turbines are expensive, but hot water on demand water heaters and more energy efficient appliances have rebates and govmt. tax incentives. Get your house inspected to see if your insulation is good & windows are sealed tight. Some these are things that don't cost anything except you being a little more conscious of your habits.
I personally want to be so energy efficient that the power company has to give me money for the power I'm supplying, but thats a long way off from where I am now in my life, so I just do the little things to help.
sunshyne Wrote:I wasn't suggesting people go move to the middle of nowhere and live "off the grid" but just use less energy (turn off lights when out of rooms, walk to the store when you can, shorter showers, turn off water between shampoo & conditioner, open the windows in the fall & spring) Solar panels and wind turbines are expensive, but hot water on demand water heaters and more energy efficient appliances have rebates and govmt. tax incentives. Get your house inspected to see if your insulation is good & windows are sealed tight. Some these are things that don't cost anything except you being a little more conscious of your habits.
I personally want to be so energy efficient that the power company has to give me money for the power I'm supplying, but thats a long way off from where I am now in my life, so I just do the little things to help.

I'll bet you live pretty close to Al Gore's house.
God, I hope not