Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New morning competition in the Grand Rapids area
That would have been fun to listen to.
Fistor Wrote:I flipped over to G&K during a FB&HW commercial break and caught a rather heated phone call. Opie and Anthony called them on the air and chewed them out for getting canned in GR. Grey held his ground pretty good, I thought. Apparently the phone call was also on the O&A show as well, because they were playing sound effects and stuff.

Opie told them they would fail because Grey is a program director, and it's impossible to do both jobs. Grey fired back saying if they spent half the effort on GR as they're putting in with this one call, they'd still probably be on the air here. Grey also told them he was embarrassed that O&A were consistently getting slammed in the ratings by a show called "Free Beer and Hot Wings". Opie fired back, asking Grey if they think they can beat Free Beer and Hot Wings in the ratings. Grey said, "Not off the bat, no, but we're building it up." Opie laughed at that one.

Very interesting volley back and forth. I was fascinated for a minute, then I switched back to FB&HW.

Audio from the exchange http://www.michiganmediablog.com/audio/o...ykluck.mp3
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I didn't even know Opie and Anthony were in GR until they got kicked off.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I flipped over to G&K during a FB&HW commercial break and caught a rather heated phone call. Opie and Anthony called them on the air and chewed them out for getting canned in GR. Grey held his ground pretty good, I thought. Apparently the phone call was also on the O&A show as well, because they were playing sound effects and stuff.

Opie told them they would fail because Grey is a program director, and it's impossible to do both jobs. Grey fired back saying if they spent half the effort on GR as they're putting in with this one call, they'd still probably be on the air here. Grey also told them he was embarrassed that O&A were consistently getting slammed in the ratings by a show called "Free Beer and Hot Wings". Opie fired back, asking Grey if they think they can beat Free Beer and Hot Wings in the ratings. Grey said, "Not off the bat, no, but we're building it up." Opie laughed at that one.

Very interesting volley back and forth. I was fascinated for a minute, then I switched back to FB&HW.

Wow. I don't really see how anybody could say Kluk and Grey won that one. O&A 1 - K&G 0.

dino Wrote:I didn't even know Opie and Anthony were in GR until they got kicked off.

I didn't realize they were still on. I remember all the promotions a couple years back when they first got put on, but had no clue they were still on.
I flipped to G&K during a commercial recently and heard them talking about upper deckers. Or as they put it, "upper deck", as in, "you upperdecked somebody". Someone said they did it back in college. I thought this was an Eric Zane invention...
Kluck fired one across the bow the other week when he was talking of the FB&HWS Best Ofs that were running while the guys were out at radio camp. He said something to the effect that they should be retitled to Not the Worst Of.
New spot for Grey and Cluck:

No funny names. Funnier show.

I heard it this morning and nearly fell over.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:New spot for Grey and Cluck:

what freq are they on?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
We are not the only morning show that hates them:

http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?p=2794191
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Admin Wrote:

do they just bitch for the full 50 mins?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:do they just bitch for the full 50 mins?

Just over halfway into it Grey calls in and gets his ass handed to him by Opie.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Admin Wrote:New spot for Grey and Cluck:

what freq are they on?

KLQ 104.5
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
[Image: gk.JPG]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Thanks for that audio. THe only show that comes out of that one looking good is FB&HW. Opie sounded like a little bitch at the end, throwing their fame and ego around. But I guess they do that on a regular basis anyway...

Or did, since I can't hear them anymore. ;D
You know, I almost want the guys to do ok, just because they'd be able to stick it to O&A.
I like Grey and I hope they do well. They will take a few of FB&HW's listeners but that's just the numbers plain and simple. Now can we bitch about KLQ's choice to play more "classic" rock like AC/DC, GNR, and Nirvana instead of some kick ass new stuff?
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
You like Grey as a person or as a radio personality?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
As a DJ. He plays decent music and at least has a clue when it comes to sports. I don't know him personally so I can't say if I like him or not as a person.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I listened to that O&A/Grey&Kluck .mp3 yesterday... I can't believe anyone listens to either of those shows.

I really found it amusing listening to O&A bitch about how much money they lost on Citadel stock... now, while it does sound like the CEO of Citadel is a douche... it is not like he held them at gunpoint and forced them to invest. Savvy investors always dump money into the IPO of a company in a struggling medium based on promises of stock price doubling from the CEO of the company. Those guys should be doing a financial show.

Maybe I should find out if they are interested in some lovely riverside property in Brooklyn. Half price special.
I like Grey because he used to be on GRD, but my loyalty is with FBHW.
good lord, i'm 15 minutes into this clip and i have heard nothing but unfunny bitching. it almost sounds like two guys working on sounding like michael savage. it's no wonder these dicks got cancelled all over the place...
and, um, coming up on the Bronson And Michael Radio program; they substitute the word "crash" for the phrase "warbling manboobs"... let's try it out... 28th & division "warbling manboobs", eastern and 32nd "warbling manboobs". as for Grey and Kluck, screw them, it sucks, but that's fine by me, I only listen to KLQ between 2 and 7 because I hate spud, and I'm sick of the same commercials all day.
Flipped over the Gay and Kluck (GAY, GET IT LOLZOR) this morning on the way in to work and they were talking about........wait for it........sex. I know, I couldn't believe it either. So controversial.

If this was the first time, it would be no big deal. But every time I turn to that station, they're always talking about something sexual. They're already pandering to the lowest common denominator, and being unfunny while doing it. Being bad Stern imitators is something millions have done before them, and millions will do after them. It's just so completely tired and boring.
I am guessing "Lex and Terry-ish". They are out of Jacksonville if you've never heard them. They were on briefly here in Nashville before the bible thumpers KOed their ass. I hated them. Oh look, religious zealots actually making a positive difference.
Is it just me or does it sound like Michael Grey is talking into a coffee can? He is robotic in his delivery. He's too much of a "suit" to deliver anything decent.

I think Kluck does an okay job as his delivery is smooth and his voice is built for radio.

Darcy has a great voice and reads liner notes well but stutters and stammers through improv. Several times I've heard her just "give up" rather than finishing a thought.

The show might be better if they moved MG out and let Kluck and Darcy run it or even replaced MG with a different person.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:[Image: 2859818.jpg]

Hey for our promo let's get both wear shirts with skull and crossbones to show how rebellious we are!!

Effin ghey.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Admin Wrote:[Image: 2859818.jpg]

Hey for our promo let's get both wear shirts with skull and crossbones to show how rebellious we are!!

Effin ghey.

yah i noticed that a while back....

...Klucks shirt, is it:

A. a pub that he owns
B. a t-shirt he had made to look like A
C. some random pub that he spotted who probably now wants to change their name
Ok, so I am wayyyyyyy to lazy to go back and read all the previous thread and replies.

does me and my short attention span a favor please ?

who is the "new morning competition" and what station and time are they on ?
Wowie Groovie !
you can't make two little clicks to go to the first page? c'mon.
I still don't know what station klq is. my radio dial doesn't have letters.
Wowie Groovie !
Fistor Wrote:Flipped over the Gay and Kluck (GAY, GET IT LOLZOR) this morning on the way in to work and they were talking about........wait for it........sex. I know, I couldn't believe it either. So controversial.

If this was the first time, it would be no big deal. But every time I turn to that station, they're always talking about something sexual. They're already pandering to the lowest common denominator, and being unfunny while doing it. Being bad Stern imitators is something millions have done before them, and millions will do after them. It's just so completely tired and boring.

I tuned over for two segments today.

1st segment: coming out of a Rob Zombie song they talk about how hot his wife is.

2nd segment: Shaving Kluck's pubes for a staged encounter with a woman named bisexual Jen.

Boring.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I accidentally listened to them a week or so ago, and I do think that while they are a very distant 2nd to FBHW, they are a hundred times better than Bob and Tom.

And personally I like Grey, I've met him a couple times at various events, and he was a pretty decent guy.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I accidentally listened to them a week or so ago, and I do think that while they are a very distant 2nd to FBHW, they are a hundred times better than Bob and Tom.

And personally I like Grey, I've met him a couple times at various events, and he was a pretty decent guy.

But he's shit behind the microphone. He's too stiff and forced. Biff is right.

This time.
Fistor Wrote:Biff is right.

This time.

I finally won an effing thread.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Loved the reference FB made during a weather break on Tuesday. "Grey in the morning sucks" or something like that.
Fistor Wrote:Biff is right.

This time.

It hurt you to type that didn't it?
Wowie Groovie !
From the latest ratings book:

--Grey & Kluck on KLQ in their first full book fared about the same as Opie & Anthony in both P18-34 and P25-54 when looking at the average of O&A's final three full books (fall '07, winter '08, spring '08).

Top Five in AM Drive for P25-54
1) WGRD (#1 by a mile; they lead LAV by > 4 shares)
2) WLAV
3) WOOD-A (with one-half of GRD's numbers)
4) WOOD-F
5) WBFX
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Biff, where did you get the book #s from? Do you have the link?
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:Biff, where did you get the book #s from? Do you have the link?

http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28133
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Thanks. Lots of good information on that forum.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.