Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot the breeze
ratrad Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I really beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with me . . . this insomnia is killing me.

Go put 1 hour on a treadmill or jog. Try to fatigue your whole body.

Don't listen to that guy. He is an idiot.
Queenie Wrote:I really beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with me . . . this insomnia is killing me.

Been there, it sucks. I get it where my mind will not shut off, then I start thinking about falling asleep and once that happens, I'm screwed. I probably get it once every 6 months or so. Nothing you can do but to try to to occupy your mind with good thoughts and pleasant memories and hope that works.

I'm not a big fan of running to the medicine cabinet for every little thing, but sometimes a sleep aid can help, like Ambien.
Fistor Wrote:

Been there, it sucks. I get it where my mind will not shut off, then I start thinking about falling asleep and once that happens, I'm screwed. I probably get it once every 6 months or so. Nothing you can do but to try to to occupy your mind with good thoughts and pleasant memories and hope that works.

I'm not a big fan of running to the medicine cabinet for every little thing, but sometimes a sleep aid can help, like Ambien.

i prefer sex n whiskey
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Been there, it sucks. I get it where my mind will not shut off, then I start thinking about falling asleep and once that happens, I'm screwed. I probably get it once every 6 months or so. Nothing you can do but to try to to occupy your mind with good thoughts and pleasant memories and hope that works.

i prefer sex n whiskey

Doesn't that sting?
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i prefer sex n whiskey

Doesn't that sting?

boy...i'm gonna have to learn you
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I just accidentally laid a stink stripe from my cubical to the bathroom.

Sorry, officemates. Chinese food.
Fistor Wrote:

Thanks Fistor. I'm kinda the same way about medicine. I tried some OTC, but it didn't work. I've used Ambien before, but I remember the doctor saying I could only use it for so long because it was habit forming. I have enough bad habits, don't need anymore. But you are so right about the mind game. It is the most frustrating thing I've had to deal with in a long time. I'll try your solution and let you know what happens. But you know as well as I do, that the harder you try not to do something the harder it is not to do.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
ratrad Wrote:

Go put 1 hour on a treadmill or jog. Try to fatigue your whole body.

You find me that hour to do it and I will. There is no extra time in my schedule. Its work, kids, husband, sleep (yeah very little), work, kids . . . you get the picture.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Fistor Wrote:I just accidentally laid a stink stripe from my cubical to the bathroom.

I refer to that as
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Queenie Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Go put 1 hour on a treadmill or jog. Try to fatigue your whole body.

You find me that hour to do it and I will. There is no extra time in my schedule. Its work, kids, husband, sleep (yeah very little), work, kids . . . you get the picture.

Of course, that's what is keeping you awake at night - that insane schedule. I'm sure you knew that, though.

I wish I could tell you what works for me, but nothing actually does, other than just getting it out of my system. Sooner or later the body has a way of self-correcting. You'll be sleeping like a baby (worst analogy ever, by the way) in no time.
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I just accidentally laid a stink stripe from my cubical to the bathroom.

I refer to that as
[quote="Fistor"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

I refer to that as
Fistor Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:You find me that hour to do it and I will. There is no extra time in my schedule. Its work, kids, husband, sleep (yeah very little), work, kids . . . you get the picture.

Of course, that's what is keeping you awake at night - that insane schedule. I'm sure you knew that, though.

Yeah that and worrying to death about my karma level. :Smile
I've got a sunburn... Shaun had a "Sports Day" yesterday. We woke up, and then he immediately has plans to play tennis and then go to his work softball game... I made sure to shave my legs so's I could wear shorts and get some color finally.

Now I'm red...
Peachs Wrote:I've got a sunburn... Shaun had a "Sports Day" yesterday. We woke up, and then he immediately has plans to play tennis and then go to his work softball game... I made sure to shave my legs so's I could wear shorts and get some color finally.

Now I'm red...

Have you ever tried baby wipes on a sunburn? They work wonders.
Queenie Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:I've got a sunburn... Shaun had a "Sports Day" yesterday. We woke up, and then he immediately has plans to play tennis and then go to his work softball game... I made sure to shave my legs so's I could wear shorts and get some color finally.

Now I'm red...

alcohol free ones i assume? just wipe them on the burn eh?
Queenie Wrote:Have you ever tried baby wipes on a sunburn? They work wonders.

No. You eat them and shove them up your nostrils. :Smile
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:alcohol free ones i assume? just wipe them on the burn eh?

No. You eat them and shove them up your nostrils. :Smile

AH that does work better!
Queenie Wrote:

Now I'm red...

I havent... The ones with aloe in them? or just any old alcohol free ones?

I might have to look into that the next time. Luckily, it's not so hurty now Smile
Peachs Wrote:

I havent... The ones with aloe in them? or just any old alcohol free ones?

I might have to look into that the next time. Luckily, it's not so hurty now Smile
Oddly enough, Noxema works wonders on a sunburn too...
overheadpageme Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:I havent... The ones with aloe in them? or just any old alcohol free ones?

Oddly enough, Noxema works wonders on a sunburn too...

there's something in Noxema that I'm allergic to

You know what happens when you assume . . . just kidding!!

Yep, it helps more though if you do on the day you get the burn.
Queenie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:alcohol free ones i assume? just wipe them on the burn eh?

You know what happens when you assume . . . just kidding!!

how appropriate is that my ass is sunburned from my skinny dipping adventure this weekend!
Queenie Wrote:You know what happens when you assume . . . just kidding!!

how appropriate is that my ass is sunburned from my skinny dipping adventure this weekend!

How did the other guys fair???
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:how appropriate is that my ass is sunburned from my skinny dipping adventure this weekend!

:'(
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:how appropriate is that my ass is sunburned from my skinny dipping adventure this weekend!

Big Grin ;D [Image: thumbup.gif]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
jus' P Wrote:How did the other guys fair???

:'(

They cried?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
jus' P Wrote:

i made out okay. missed an area w/ suntan lotion but not a sensitive area so i am good to go.
mr10homodance Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:How did the other guys fair???

i made out okay. missed an area w/ suntan lotion but not a sensitive area so i am good to go.

and you have a problem with Peaches calling you "homo" . . . whatever you do, don't fess us publicly on the message board.
Queenie Wrote:You know what happens when you assume . . . just kidding!!

What the hell did I miss?
Queenie Wrote:
mr10homodance Wrote:i made out okay. missed an area w/ suntan lotion but not a sensitive area so i am good to go.

and you have a problem with Peaches calling you "homo" . . . whatever you do, don't fess us publicly on the message board.

... aaaaand now someone gets me... finally.. really though, calling him homo just happened because I have this habit of shortening people's usernames to make it easier on myself Smile

I'm a lazyass and typing out long names isn't my cup of joe ;D
m00t's avatar is disgraceful
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:m00t's avatar is disgraceful

yes, I already -1'd him for it... he should change it or relegate himself to the touchy subj. forum
my brain hurts
Last day of work here. Fun!
Moving this weekend. Not Fun!
Wasting lots of time on this message board. Priceless!
ratrad Wrote:Last day of work here. Fun!

moving? i won't ask to where or where from but I'll ask the most important question.

will you still be in the listening area?
ratrad Wrote:Last day of work here. Fun!

moving? i won't ask to where or where from but I'll ask the most important question.

will you still be in the listening area?

Nope, but I'm still going to podcast (I don't work in a listening area at the moment). My avatar is a hint to where I am moving. It will be my mission to bring FBHWs to that area.
Sheesh, my karma fluctuates more than................I don't know what..............Fail.

Anyway, it fluctuates a lot.
ratrad Wrote:Sheesh, my karma fluctuates more than................I don't know what..............Fail.

Anyway, it fluctuates a lot.

+1 for ya
Admin Wrote:m00t's avatar is disgraceful
Which one is his.... the 'pirate'????