Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 MORE REASONS THAT DickRod WILL RUIN MICHIGAN
I still have my hopes that the Wolverines will beat both MSU and OSU.
I think my head is going to explode!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
potthole Wrote:I still have my hopes that the Wolverines will beat both MSU and OSU.

I'm optimistic about the State game, but I think the Effeyes will own us as usual
Wowie Groovie !
so i'm back. haven't posted since the start of the season and all i gotta say is I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG!!!! just let me bask in this for a while please as a life long spartan fan. anyways my prediction of being a 5 win team at best for scUM was accurate. they can get another W this season. and i hate to say it but if Illinois beats PSU this weekend i will root for DickRod's team. but i will add this, could michigan be the next nebraska. remember when osbourne left, they haven't quite gotten that program on track. not saying it's gonna happen but it could.
Mad Dog Wrote:Michigan fans find it hard to be patient given the success they have had over the years compared to all the other craptastic teams we have in this state. Except for the Red Wings and the Pistons How many truly winning teams are there? I think that sometimes we are secretly afraid that loosing will start to become them and I would hate to have them look like the Lions for three years.

well i'd like to say that michigan could be the sports capital of the u.s.
lets run a list of winning programs/teams:
GVSU anything
Spartan hockey, basketball
Michigan football except for this season
Red Wings
Pistons
Tigers, no WS but a great team
Central and Western football are two of the top MAC teams
if the Spartan football team can put consistant winning seasons together then we only have to wait for the Lions

michigan is a great sports state!!!
smokeysparty Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Michigan fans find it hard to be patient given the success they have had over the years compared to all the other craptastic teams we have in this state. Except for the Red Wings and the Pistons How many truly winning teams are there? I think that sometimes we are secretly afraid that loosing will start to become them and I would hate to have them look like the Lions for three years.

well i'd like to say that michigan could be the sports capital of the u.s.
lets run a list of winning programs/teams:
GVSU anything
Spartan hockey, basketball
Michigan football except for this season
Red Wings
Pistons
Tigers, no WS but a great team
Central and Western football are two of the top MAC teams
if the Spartan football team can put consistant winning seasons together then we only have to wait for the Lions

michigan is a great sports state!!!

You forgot about UofM Hockey, and High School football. Lowell was #1 in the Country last week, and Muskegon was in the top 20 also.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
smokeysparty Wrote:..and i hate to say it but if Illinois beats PSU this weekend i will root for DickRod's team.

Any halfway intelligent MSU fan should be rooting for Uof M to beat Ohio State reguardless of the Illinois/Penn State game. MSU goes to the Rose Bowl with a win, no matter what happens. If Michigan beats the Buckeyes, MSU will be the outright Big Ten champs. (and for the Record, I've been cheering for little brother, like I do every year, and when they're not playing The Victors)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
smokeysparty Wrote:..and i hate to say it but if Illinois beats PSU this weekend i will root for DickRod's team.

Any halfway intelligent MSU fan should be rooting for Uof M to beat Ohio State reguardless of the Illinois/Penn State game. MSU goes to the Rose Bowl with a win, no matter what happens. If Michigan beats the Buckeyes, MSU will be the outright Big Ten champs. (and for the Record, I've been cheering for little brother, like I do every year, and when they're not playing The Victors)

I think I'm wrong about them playing in the Rose Bowl with a win. (I was just going off of what ESPN was talking about Sunday morning. Apparently they can be wrong too) MSU still need to win and have Michigan beat the Buckeyes to go to the Rose Bowl.
shaun Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I would be willing to go with some sort of title change for a predetermined period of time. But I'm not going to need to do it.

Lloyd Carr became known for not being able to beat Tressel. Rodriguez is going to make sure people know that he's different. His boys will be primed for OSU this year.

Whatever you say man. So how about I throw out what we get if OSU wins, and you can pick the punishment/prize for a Michigan win?

My choice is that after OSU wins, your new title says "Michigan Wolverines are all little sissy girls, just like me." Mine says "I rule you all, just like OSU does to Michigan."

Sorry it took me so long to respond, this thread got buried and I lost where it was.

Is this still on, or did you change your mind?
I hope to see your awesome new title soon potthole!
Wink
shaun Wrote:I hope to see your awesome new title soon potthole!
Wink

A deal made is a deal kept. Right under the blue star.

I'll keep it up until Christmas. Sound good?
Sounds fair. All in fun
That it is. Back awhile ago when USC was playing for the National Championship in football I had a bet with a guy on another messageboard, and as a result of losing it, I had to pop up a USC avatar for a month. Silly stuff like those types of bets are enjoyable.
potthole Wrote:That it is. Back awhile ago when USC was playing for the National Championship in football I had a bet with a guy on another messageboard, and as a result of losing it, I had to pop up a USC avatar for a month. Silly stuff like those types of bets are enjoyable.

I just feel kind of let down by the win. It just doesn't mean anything when Michigan has the kind of season that they did, and OSU pretty much knew that win or lose didn't really make any difference for the big picture, other than the rivalry. It was probably the least exciting OSU-Michigan game I've been alive for.
Even less exciting than some of the games during the Cooper years?
I think so. I don't recall any blowouts quite like this one, on top of the fact that there was nothing at stake.
I guess you're right. I remembered 1993 being a pretty bad game for OSU, which it was, but a 28-0 game still wasn't the blowout we saw this season.