Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beijing Olympics
i watched the women's gymnastics qualifying yesterday. it's fascinating to me. i want to be able to toss my ass around like that. the girls had a rough go of it, but they made it in. even that cute little gerbil shawn johnson had a couple near screw-ups. she never does that.

by the way, anybody else notice they took every single commercial break right before her routines? they know people will sit through them to watch her. she's the new face of usa gymnastics.
patfromportland Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I didn't mean to dampen' your O torch there Pothole. I am glad at 23 you are able to analyze someone you don't know, but from a few posts on a board. Disturbed? Hell everybody ought to be disturbed. I was being flip, sorry it didn't transcribe. I just have a bad feeling about the games.

First of all, potthole has a lowercase p and two t's. Second, although it would be awesome if china would join our side in the war on terror, but not by way of terrorist attack.

[Image: 76.gif]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Admin Wrote:Free Beer, Zane, HW, and listeners,

I'm more irritated than Andy Dick's bunghole after a night of jalopenos and love making. I recently read that some people refused to watch the Olympics because of China's human rights record.

Dear Uninformed and short sighted Douchebag,

As you sit there surrounded by Chinese made products, you've already cast your approval to the Chinese government. If you purchased any Coca-Cola product or ate at a McDonalds in the last 7 years then you've already pumped your money into companies that have pumped their money into the Chinese government so that they can advertise and have businesses there.

Not watching the Olympics because of China's human rights records makes about as much sense as not eating at Taco Bell as a protest toward the Mexican police's corruption problems.

A decision such as this is one, and the public proclamation of same, is one of the self-righteous and self important; whose intellectual depth is only envied by the likes of Jessica Simpson.

Even if you were a Nielsen family, that would only be a small stab at NBC.

So unless you have a home free of Chinese made products, your oh so "look how enlightened I am" ridiculous decision to forgo viewing the Olympics allows the Chinese government to thank YOU for your support.

Like Jessica Simpson said: Quote "I'm not eating eggrolls anymore until Chinese people can vote" End Quote.

I'm Biff and that's what I think.

That is pretty awesome Biff . . . I sure hope Hot Wings sees it. 8-)
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/index.html?dst=nbcsp

that's a link to NBC's official medal count
Wowie Groovie !
I can't watch the olympics with out thinking...

[drop] good luck managing a Denny's dooshbag, good ridance Eff face [drop]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I can't watch the olympics with out thinking...

[drop] good luck managing a Denny's dooshbag, good ridance eff face [drop]

Now, I'll be waiting for him to add that. Last night would have been perfect, when the US beat the French, who declared they were going to "smash us" in the Mens 4x100 free, Costas and all the other on air journalists had a field day with that.

Good luck managing Le Denny's Pierre.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I can't watch the olympics with out thinking...

[drop] good luck managing a Denny's dooshbag, good ridance eff face [drop]

Good luck managing Le Denny's Pierre.

ha ha....how is it you have neg karma?

exalt to you sir
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Good luck managing Le Denny's Pierre.

ha ha....how is it you have neg karma?

exalt to you sir

It's the burden of being me.
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Ok...It's a cold hard world we live in pothole, If a few people died and the Chinese showed the Middle East what Hell really looks like, it's a win/win in my book.

But it's never gonna happen 'cause that would be too easy. It's much more fun to throw tax dollars at a problem that has no solution.

Wow, what crawled up your butt and died? Aside from your view on baseball movies, I thought you were pretty cool and had your stuff together. Not anymore.

I agree, spending tax money to make a problem go away isn't always the best solution, but to wish a terrorist attack on somebody, let alone an event like the Olympics? That is deeply disturbing on so many levels.

I agree. There are so many innocent athletes from all over the world there with their families. Not to mention the 300+ American athletes and their families. An attack at the Olympics would only cause us more problems.
Ok so have you heard the latest dupe China has put on us. First the "prerecorded" fireworks. Now, it ssems as though the little girl singing Hymn to the Motherland was not even actually present. China decided because she didn't have the "perfect" look, they would record her singing and bring a cuter little girl in. How horrible. She sang well enough to get the gig but wasn't pretty enough to do in front of the world. She has been stripped of her fame cause she had buck teeth so they said. This is a travesty.

[Image: ept_sports_oly_experts-343589430-12.jpg]
overheadpageme Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Wow, what crawled up your butt and died? Aside from your view on baseball movies, I thought you were pretty cool and had your stuff together. Not anymore.

I agree, spending tax money to make a problem go away isn't always the best solution, but to wish a terrorist attack on somebody, let alone an event like the Olympics? That is deeply disturbing on so many levels.

I agree. There are so many innocent athletes from all over the world there with their families. Not to mention the 300+ American athletes and their families. An attack at the Olympics would only cause us more problems.

Aren't we all just innocent victims in a terrorist world???

...In for a penny, in for a pound. Half-ass foreign policy's are really gone solve the problem.

and I never said an Olympic bombing was the right thing!. I merely mused at the ramifications of such an event. You might want to follow someone's posts from the beginning and get the story straight.

Good God..lighten the F up!!
Queenie Wrote:Ok so have you heard the latest dupe China has put on us. First the "prerecorded" fireworks. Now, it ssems as though the little girl singing Hymn to the Motherland was not even actually present. China decided because she didn't have the "perfect" look, they would record her singing and bring a cuter little girl in. How horrible. She sang well enough to get the gig but wasn't pretty enough to do in front of the world. She has been stripped of her fame cause she had buck teeth so they said. This is a travesty.

[Image: ept_sports_oly_experts-343589430-12.jpg]

Yes, but didn't we all already know that it's pretty that get's you ahead, not talent. Just look at Hot Wings. And doesn't that girl on the left look like she's on some kind of crazy chinese cocktail of ecstasy, red bull, and prozac ?
Wowie Groovie !
[Image: France5.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
I watched Gymnastics between USA and China tonight... there was NO way in hell that that girl was 16 yet. I think that the Chinese government forged her passport!
Peachs Wrote:I watched Gymnastics between USA and China tonight... there was NO way in hell that that girl was 16 yet. I think that the Chinese government forged her passport!

There are a lot of people who agree with you. I'm skeptical that anything will come of it though.

Have you seen that the US coach is upset at how long her girls had to wait before performing? She's claiming the long wait is the reason Sacromone fell twice.
Wowie Groovie !
Was I the only one that could never understand what the heck Bella Carolli was saying whenever they'd talk with him in the studio?
potthole Wrote:Was I the only one that could never understand what the heck Bella Carolli was saying whenever they'd talk with him in the studio?

no. luckily, i found my decoder ring.
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?sl...&type=lgns

Swedish coach Leo Myllari said:
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=reu-wrestling&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Swedish coach Leo Myllari said:
phelps went 8/8 for gold medals. and according to nbc's analysis, he has a flat backside.

does this really make him "the greatest athlete ever"?
dingdongyo Wrote:phelps went 8/8 for gold medals. and according to nbc's analysis, he has a flat backside.

I don't think so. It makes him the best swimmer ever. And the most prolific Olympian ever. But, the best overall athlete? Maybe I am biased but, swimmers don't usually pop to the front of mind as the best.
dingdongyo Wrote:phelps went 8/8 for gold medals. and according to nbc's analysis, he has a flat backside.

I don't think this makes him the greatest athlete ever either. One of the best swimmers in history? Yes. But the greatest athlete? Being dominate in one sport is one thing but could he hop out of the pool, run a half or full marathon and bike 30 miles in the fastest time? I would reserve greatest "Athlete" to a triathlete or decathlete. One who kicks ass at a number of events.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
i swim casually at least 2 hours a week, every week. i also wake up at 5 every morning and go for a 2 mile jog. when i first started my swimming "workout" i only did a 20 min jog and that wore me out, now the 2 mile jog is easy stuff. so if i can do that, shouldn't a Olympic swimmer be able to do...10 times that or something? just sayin'.

not the greatest athlete ever but for sure one of the best in the world right now.
I don't think anyone is refuting the fact that he is a great athlete. I think the problem is that nowadays, we have to put a "best of all time" stamp on something we have seen.

Let me ask you. If Michael Phelps is, in anyone's opinion, the best athlete ever, did he supplant Mark Spitz? Or, or we as I think, jumping on the bandwagon of the Olympics. Three months ago if someone had asked any of us, "Who is the best athlete in the world?". I can pretty much guarantee that not very many people would have mentioned Michael Phelps.

In ABSOLUTELY no way am I diminishing Phelps' accomplishment, but...anyway you get my point.
brytn Wrote:If Michael Phelps is, in anyone's opinion, the best athlete ever,Three months ago if someone had asked any of us, "Who is the best athlete in the world?" . I can pretty much guarantee that not very many people would have mentioned Michael Phelps

yeah, I know. everyone's all up-idy over Phelps when before nobody gave a eff about him. I just hope more people consider him more athletic than Tiger Woods.
brytn Wrote:I don't think anyone is refuting the fact that he is a great athlete. I think the problem is that nowadays, we have to put a "best of all time" stamp on something we have seen.

Let me ask you. If Michael Phelps is, in anyone's opinion, the best athlete ever, did he supplant Mark Spitz? Or, or we as I think, jumping on the bandwagon of the Olympics. Three months ago if someone had asked any of us, "Who is the best athlete in the world?". I can pretty much guarantee that not very many people would have mentioned Michael Phelps.

In ABSOLUTELY no way am I diminishing Phelps' accomplishment, but...anyway you get my point.

Although I'm not one who thinks Phelps is the best athelete ever, I do consider him to be a better swimmer than Spitz. Spitz swam only two strokes, I believe, as where Phelps does 'em all.
potthole Wrote:
brytn Wrote:I don't think anyone is refuting the fact that he is a great athlete. I think the problem is that nowadays, we have to put a "best of all time" stamp on something we have seen.

Although I'm not one who thinks Phelps is the best athelete ever, I do consider him to be a better swimmer than Spitz. Spitz swam only two strokes, I believe, as where Phelps does 'em all.

So your saying he like to stroke everything?? Big Grin

Personally, I thinnk Jim Thorpe was the best overall athlete. He was very diversified in his sports; football, track, lacrosse..

He could do alot more than specialize in one sport.
airhornahole Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Although I'm not one who thinks Phelps is the best athelete ever, I do consider him to be a better swimmer than Spitz. Spitz swam only two strokes, I believe, as where Phelps does 'em all.

So your saying he like to stroke everything?? Big Grin

Personally, I thinnk Jim Thorpe was the best overall athlete. He was very diversified in his sports; football, track, lacrosse..

He could do alot more than specialize in one sport.

This is why I think Bo Jackson should always be mentioned in the greatest athlete discussion, but rarely is. He dominated two sports in his prime, which is unthinkable in the modern era.
Definitely Bo Jackson should be in the conversation. Also, Herschel Walker. Heisman trophy, USFL/NFL career, almost made the 4x100 olympic relay, did make the bobsled olympic team that placed 7th.

I still hate that Bo Jackson's career(s) were cut short. He could have been Hall of Fame in both sports. Didn't he also run track at Auburn?
Gymnast who didn't quite make the cut:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/tu-YAMiS5wA&hl=en[/flash]
That's what she said.
Wow Allyson, that was awesome!! Too effin funny!! Thanks for sharing.
This is a woman.

http://www.gymbox.net/oksana.htm

I tell you that because you will not believe it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:This is a woman.

If it were me, I would probably grow my hair out to attempt to compensate for my inherently manly body. Or at the very least, have a cute girly short hair style. If it were me.
That's what she said.
I saw her while watching the Olympics. She looks like Pete Rose and Lloyd Christmas had a child with a big head and a little boy body.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

It looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.
It looks like she has an adam's apple in the upside down picture near the bottom. Bless her heart.
airhornahole Wrote:It looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Good call!

Admin Wrote:I saw her while watching the Olympics. She looks like Pete Rose and Lloyd Christmas had a child with a big head and a little boy body.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
airhornahole Wrote:

It looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

or one of his character's from In Living Color...the girl that laughed like a horse...
I can't believe I'm watching the Olympics

And...

BMX

at the same time.
Wowie Groovie !
done.

did anybody else get annoyed at that douche on nbc that kept trying to say what every little detail "meant" during the closing ceremonies?