Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANWR oil drilling
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:It should have been done 10-20 years ago....instead they just started to produce ehtanol and realize it's shit.

What about hydrogen, electric, geothermal, wind, all could be used and developed
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Fact: One gallon of used motor oil provides the same 2.5 quarts of lubricating oil as 42 gallons of crude oil.

---http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/usedoil/index.htm

people need to conserve....put better windows in your house, insulate your house, turn the heat down and put on a sweatshirt instead of wearing shorts around the house in Jan. cover up with a blanket.

drive a more fuel effeciant vehicle (i'm guilty). go slower on the interstate. I use to run 80mph on the interstate and now run 65...saves me 1.6mpg...not bad for an old dodge ram.

it's not just alternate fuels or sources of electricty...if we don't use it wisely then we'll never be able to build enough wind generators or solar panels...

i'm off to the word association now as Biff closed the sex thread ;D
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Admin Wrote:Wiener, do you have information to back up this "50 cents per barrel" claim?

"But the U.S. Energy Information Administration, an independent statistical agency within the Department of Energy, concluded that new oil from ANWR would lower the world price of oil by no more than $1.44 per barrel
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[quote="Howie Feltersnatch"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

What about hydrogen, electric, geothermal, wind, all could be used and developed
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:HOWIE'S THOUGHTS....

electrical...right now good for 50-100 mile round trip(vehicle) before charge (i beleive). where do we get our electricity right now? coal?

hydrogen...is there a marketable auto that runs on hydrogen? could I afford it? is it safe?

geothermal...excellent for heating your house...can't be used for cars

wind...provides some electricy for heating/powering house...can charge electric car from it... not very effeciant on still days...can be noisy

Geothermal, wind, and solar can make the electricity to power a car :Smile

ok...but how do i fly to see ANWR?....that is if we're not using fossil fuels at all....and ethanol is crap?

I can't drive more than 100 miles in my electric car without having to dock at a hotel for the night.
How often does the average person drive over 100 miles? Why is everyone so concerned about visiting ANWR suddenly? We preserve it for future animal habitats too! Fuuck people are ignorant! The oil their wont mean shit anyways it
[quote="wienerpoopie"]How often does the average person drive over 100 miles? Why is everyone so concerned about visiting ANWR suddenly? We preserve it for future animal habitats too! Fuuck people are ignorant! The oil their wont mean shit anyways it
Apparently you don
wienerpoopie Wrote:Do you seriously think Biff would go to a baseball game with you?

:'(
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Do you seriously think Biff would go to a baseball game with you?

:'(

Don
If you do a google image search for anwar pictures there's a pretty hot woman that comes up and her name is anwar. ;D
Just my $0.02 Wink
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:If you do a google image search for anwar pictures there's a pretty hot woman that comes up and her name is anwar. ;D
Just my $0.02 Wink

now if poopie won't drill there is a bigger gay than i thought ;D :-*
[quote="wienerpoopie"]Sellout as in it
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
[quote="Mad Dog"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]Sellout as in it
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:You know what? you are right....let's not do anything about fuel prices...

The kids that are supposed to see ANWR won't be able to as they will be born in a Economic Depression, they'll be lucky to eat...but atleast they'll get to see photos of ANWR...atleast the picture of ANWR that Dems paint...hills valleys and mountains

Alternative fuels, we have a lot of years left in oil if we just started developing and using alternative fuels.

We need to drill now as a stop gap toward alternative fuels. I read yesterday in some scientific journal web page that scientists are getting alot closer to making water into hydrogen Alot more efficent, somthing about swapping plutonium parts for colbalt parts or some such. this is great but people are really hurting in their pocket books right now.

Gas dropped $0.35 a gallon just because Bush dropped the presidential prohibition on drilling in Anwar. Imagine if we actually started drilling. It could drop as low as $2.50 to $3.00 range. Not giving it away but a hell of alot More manageable than 4.50 or 5.00 Look we all know oil is getting harder to come by and we need to get as much as possible out of the ground with as little effect on the environment as possible.

Do both fossil fuels and alternative fuels ASAP!!
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Alternative fuels, we have a lot of years left in oil if we just started developing and using alternative fuels.

....some scientific journal web page .....somthing about swapping plutonium parts for colbalt parts or some such.

sounds very scientific or some such
Mad Dog Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Alternative fuels, we have a lot of years left in oil if we just started developing and using alternative fuels.

We need to drill now as a stop gap toward alternative fuels. I read yesterday in some scientific journal web page that scientists are getting alot closer to making water into hydrogen Alot more efficent, somthing about swapping plutonium parts for colbalt parts or some such. this is great but people are really hurting in their pocket books right now.

Gas dropped $0.35 a gallon just because Bush dropped the presidential prohibition on drilling in Anwar. Imagine if we actually started drilling. It could drop as low as $2.50 to $3.00 range. Not giving it away but a hell of alot More manageable than 4.50 or 5.00 Look we all know oil is getting harder to come by and we need to get as much as possible out of the ground with as little effect on the environment as possible.

[drop] (Homer) You're too stupid to tell a story[/drop]
What ever happened to that area in the Dakotas (I forget if it was North or South) that had expansive fields of some "oil-shale" or something like that?

I remember seeing something about it awhile ago, and some article mentioned that the technology needed to be able to get the oil out of the rock was almost to the point it could be taken bigtime. I can't recall any specific numbers, but some projections were that if drilled, the area could give a huge boost to domestic oil production.
Mad Dog Wrote:We need to drill now as a stop gap toward alternative fuels. I read yesterday in some scientific journal web page that scientists are getting alot closer to making water into hydrogen Alot more efficient, something about swapping plutonium parts for cobalt parts or some such. this is great but people are really hurting in their pocket books right now.

[drop] (Homer) You're too stupid to tell a story[/drop]

Hey howie, guess what, just because you and I have opinions that are on opposite sides of the of the political spectrum doesn't mean I think your stupid. To the contrary, you sound highly intellegent and you seem to have a awsome sense of humor. You have the right to think of me anyway you want. I'm sorry you don't like my opinions but hey, you can't please everybody. If you read my posts you will note that I have never called anyone on this post including yourself stupid. Kindly keep those Opinions to yourself. You are funny as hell and I highly enjoy your non-poiltical posts. And as far as your political posts go, just because I don't agree with them dosn't mean that they are not well thought out. I just enjoy the debate.
Mad Dog Wrote:....some scientific journal web page .....somthing about swapping plutonium parts for colbalt parts or some such.

sounds very scientific or some such

Just in case your intrested the artical is in Science News "Small Steps Tward Big Energy Gains" by David Castelvecchi, July 31,2008
Also see Science Daily " 'Major Discovery' Primed to Unleash Solar Revolution, Scientists Mimic Essence of Plants' Energy Storage System", Aug 1,2008
potthole Wrote:What ever happened to that area in the Dakotas (I forget if it was North or South) that had expansive fields of some "oil-shale" or something like that?

I remember seeing something about it awhile ago, and some article mentioned that the technology needed to be able to get the oil out of the rock was almost to the point it could be taken bigtime. I can't recall any specific numbers, but some projections were that if drilled, the area could give a huge boost to domestic oil production.

I remember hearing something about this also. But I thought there was a refinery in one of the Dakotas and that the biggest amount of shale was in Montana, I think. I believe I heard also that the military is running some of their vehicles on the shale oil. If it is true, Then they should making shale oil for the rest of us.
Supposedly the shale that can be made into oil is close to the surface and can be easily gotten to and then those areas that are dug up and be covered over and trees can then be planted.

Anwr was bought for the future. Since Alaska was bought in the 1950's, and it is now the 2000's, I believe that the future is here, and should be drilled. The Governor of Alaska wants us to drill there. She and the people of Alaska want to be able to contribute to the US economy in this time of need. I seriously doubt that Alaska was bought so that polar bears could eat seals in private
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Wiener, do you have information to back up this "50 cents per barrel" claim?

"But the U.S. Energy Information Administration, an independent statistical agency within the Department of Energy, concluded that new oil from ANWR would lower the world price of oil by no more than $1.44 per barrel
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
hotsauce Wrote:I remember hearing something about this also. But I thought there was a refinery in one of the Dakotas and that the biggest amount of shale was in Montana, I think. I believe I heard also that the military is running some of their vehicles on the shale oil. If it is true, Then they should making shale oil for the rest of us.
Supposedly the shale that can be made into oil is close to the surface and can be easily gotten to and then those areas that are dug up and be covered over and trees can then be planted.

Anwr was bought for the future. Since Alaska was bought in the 1950's, and it is now the 2000's, I believe that the future is here, and should be drilled. The Governor of Alaska wants us to drill there. She and the people of Alaska want to be able to contribute to the US economy in this time of need. I seriously doubt that Alaska was bought so that polar bears could eat seals in private

Yeah, that's similar to what I remember hearing about a year ago, or so. I've spent a few moment poking around for any updated news, but haven't found a whole lot. About the only real thing of substance I could find is that there's some new highway being built just outside of Bismark, to help with the transportation of stuff for any future oil operations.
Mad Dog Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:[drop] (Homer) You're too stupid to tell a story[/drop]

Hey howie, guess what, just because you and I have opinions that are on opposite sides of the of the political spectrum doesn't mean I think your stupid. To the contrary, you sound highly intellegent and you seem to have a awsome sense of humor. You have the right to think of me anyway you want. I'm sorry you don't like my opinions but hey, you can't please everybody. If you read my posts you will note that I have never called anyone on this post including yourself stupid. Kindly keep those Opinions to yourself. You are funny as hell and I highly enjoy your non-poiltical posts. And as far as your political posts go, just because I don't agree with them dosn't mean that they are not well thought out. I just enjoy the debate.

1) we share the same view on this topid...Pro drilling correct?
2) the 'stupid' reference was towards how you constructed your post, not your view
3) by posing it as a drop it was meant as more of a joke than anything...

calm dude...nothing was meant by it
Mad Dog Wrote:Hey howie, guess what, just because you and I have opinions that are on opposite sides of the of the political spectrum doesn't mean I think your stupid. To the contrary, you sound highly intellegent and you seem to have a awsome sense of humor. You have the right to think of me anyway you want. I'm sorry you don't like my opinions but hey, you can't please everybody. If you read my posts you will note that I have never called anyone on this post including yourself stupid. Kindly keep those Opinions to yourself. You are funny as hell and I highly enjoy your non-poiltical posts. And as far as your political posts go, just because I don't agree with them dosn't mean that they are not well thought out. I just enjoy the debate.

1) we share the same view on this topid...Pro drilling correct?
2) the 'stupid' reference was towards how you constructed your post, not your view
3) by posing it as a drop it was meant as more of a joke than anything...

calm dude...nothing was meant by it

Sorry Howie, I misunderstood, my bad, that really wasn't one of my best posts. My head was kind of scrambled because I had just got out of work and couldn't wait to post. Also I'm still kinda new to this and didn't realize that you were using a "Simpson's"
drop, again my apology's