Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books and junk
I just read "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank. Its like a "what would have happened if the Russians had actually went ahead and threw a couple nuclear bombs at us back in the day.
Titan! Wrote:XOMG ! ! 11 ! 111 ! ! !

Guns of the south is one of my all time favorite books. Ive read it like a billion times, I literally read the ink off the pages.

Have you read any of his other work ? If not I highly reccomend the World War series, it's about an alien invasion during WWII, the series contains 8 books overall, and each one leaves you wanting more.
I haven't but I have been meaning to, Thanks for the reccomendation!
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
Just finished The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. Not my ususal cup of tea, but it was really good.
schuyler16 Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:XOMG ! ! 11 ! 111 ! ! !

Guns of the south is one of my all time favorite books. Ive read it like a billion times, I literally read the ink off the pages.

Have you read any of his other work ? If not I highly reccomend the World War series, it's about an alien invasion during WWII, the series contains 8 books overall, and each one leaves you wanting more.
I haven't but I have been meaning to, Thanks for the reccomendation!

When you've finished reading Turtledove, check out S.M. Stirling, either the Island in the Sea or Time trilogy,or the Dies the Fire sereis. If you like Turtledove, you'll like Stirling just as much.
Wowie Groovie !
I'm trying to get through the uncut version of The Stand right now. It's a massive undertaking for me because I don't read super quick. I get distracted easily so I have to go slow so I can retain it all. I'm about to say eff it and watch the movie.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I've started The Stand a dozen times, however I think I will actually finish it this year. Sometime.

I got an almost brand new copy from Amazon for 50 cents. Gotta make that 50 cents count.
Wowie Groovie !
I remember checking The Stand out from the library and trying to read it during the 10 hour trip to Michigan. I think I made it about 50 pages in before I got bored. If you can't hook me within the first 50 pages (and I don't care if it IS a 1,000 page book), your book is worthless to me.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I was never bored with The Stand, I just got distracted by other things. Once I finish The Looking Glass Wars, I think I'm diving face first back into The Stand.

Incidentally, if you're interested, The Stand has been adapted into Comic/Graphic Novel form, and the 1st 2 volumes have been collected into hardcover TPBs, which are available at Barnes and Noble and other book sellers.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:I was never bored with The Stand, I just got distracted by other things. Once I finish The Looking Glass Wars, I think I'm diving face first back into The Stand.

Incidentally, if you're interested, The Stand has been adapted into Comic/Graphic Novel form, and the 1st 2 volumes have been collected into hardcover TPBs, which are available at Barnes and Noble and other book sellers.

Yeah, I've seen the graphic novels and wanted to try the original out first. I'm about 350 pages in and the story (for the most part) is really just now starting. I really want to read his Dark Tower series and told myself I won't start on that until I read The Stand first.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I'm just proud of the fact that I picked up Moliere's Misanthrope for $.99 this weekend.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."